Edinburgh Perl Mongers
Mostly an excuse to meet up once a month for a
$beverage and chat. Conversations cover a wide range of subjects, technical and otherwise, so anyone is welcome regardless of accent, color, creed, education, gender, or anything else.
Established in July 1999, we're a part of the global Perl Monger organisation but we're interested in lots of different languages, tech and topics.
We don't care if you know Perl. There are plenty things to chat about. The only rule is: be chill.
- Regular social meeting: 4th Thursday of the month. From 6:30pm
We’ve recently spent a successful year “touring” various potential new regular meeting venues — that is, we’ve enjoyed trying out a new pub each month.
:-)The upshot of this is that, for the time being, our regular meetings will be held at Usher’s of Edinburgh on West Nicolson Street.
- December meeting: the fourth Thursday of December is on the 25th, so there’s no meeting then. Instead, we’re having an extra meeting on Saturday 27th December 2014, and we’re temporarily moving to the Auld Hoose on St Leonards Street. Join us from 6:30pm for a spot of post-Christmas, pre-Hogmanay chat, as a respite from all the hard work of partying that December typically brings!
- Irregular social meeting: 5th Thursday of the month. Check the mailing list as venues change.
- YAPC::Europe will be in Granada, Spain in 2015
Other, non Perl, local tech groups nearby
- Scottish Ruby User Group
- Python Edinburgh
- Edinburgh PHP User Group
- The Edinburgh Linux Users Group or The Scottish Linux Users' Group
- Edinburgh Hacklab
- Edinburgh Open Tech calendar
- We have some, but they are quite old now and aren't getting much love.